I want to contribute

I want to adopt a kitten!

If you are interested in one of these kittens or other cats and dogs please go to http://www.homewardtrails.org/ and complete the application process. Once your application is approved and you have met your future buddy you will be required to have a home visit. All adopted pets must be spayed or neutered by the age of 6 months and we have a strict NO DECLAW policy. Kittens must be adopted in pairs.

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Kitty Pool is Kaput!



The super litter has officially abandoned the kitty pool. We had so many escapees and those that couldn't escape mewed so pitifully (and continuously) that mamas hauled them over the rim into the kitten room. I conceeded defeat and took it away. Our lives will never be the same. In the video below you can see three of the brood making a mountain out of me.






We are having some soupy poop issues right now. While the kids had understood the purpose of the litter box was for pee and poo and not just digging and playing; diarrhea has meant for many misses. Laundry is even more frequent. Washing kittens butts (and legs, and tails) has become a regular part of the job description. Everyone is eating, but I am begining to worry that my little ones especially don't have enough reserve to handle the sick bellies. So we are going to get some meds onboard today...another part of the job description. No worries!


Kitten of the Day

Millicent guessed yesterday's entry correctly...Howard! He is nearly all black, with a white belly blaze and white toes all around. As his eyes are still kitten blue/black he has a Yoda like look to him. A gentle kitten, with a penchance for exploring.

Here is today's kitten. Can you guess? Again, I will make a donation in honor of the first correct entrant.



7 comments:

  1. OMG, I think I just died from the cute. So tiny! You do wonderful work, thank you for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, gosh, I have no clue! Frederick, maybe??

    Well, Jane, you'll have to save that pool for the next litter, super or not! It was a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No guesses from me tonight...just wanted to let you know I made my evening visit...hope all is well....Meow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going to guess Allegheny (Ally). It's got to be one of the girls, with that orange blaze.

    ReplyDelete
  5. SpinKitty got it RIGHT! Contribution on your behalf today. Cheers...Jane

    ReplyDelete